Our City is Thriving. But There’s More to be Done.
The past four years have been an incredibly busy time for the city council and me. But with all that we’ve accomplished, there are many important projects facing our city right now. And the momentum that has been engineered on behalf of our city should not be interrupted.
With your support, in my next term as Holladay Mayor, I will focus on the following four priorities:
- Village Center Development
- We will continue to encourage and promote development in our village core, including making improvements to the open space behind City Hall and redeveloping the East Block of the Village, which includes the new Harmons grocery store
- Knudsen Park
- The City was awarded a $2.7M grant through the Zoo, Arts & Parks (ZAP) county bond initiative that we will use to secure and improve eight acres of park open space behind Tuscany and The Cotton Bottom
- Cottonwood Mall Redevelopment
- This continues to be the major area of interest for our citizens and a source of continued frustration for our City Council. I will remain engaged with Howard Hughes Corporation until a mutually agreeable development plan is approved
- Roads and Infrastructure
- We must find a way to properly fund our local roads and public infrastructure. I intend to work with our city council to identify the future cost and potential funding sources to responsibly maintain these assets.
With your support, I will continue to work hard on these projects and many others to ensure Holladay City remains a family-friendly environment and one in which we all are proud to work, live and play.